Our team performs an analysis, makes recommendations and creates a comprehensive traffic amplification plan that drives people to our clients’ websites.
Increasing your website traffic begins with a website developed and written to rank well. But don’t stop there. A Maryland internet marketing agency like Buzzquake can guide you through the steps you can take to amplify your traffic, leading to higher Google rankings and more potential customers. Just 5.7% of all newly published pages will get to the Google Top 10 within a year, so increasing your website traffic will take a strategic effort.
Our expertise allows us to consult with our clients on which of the following tactics — paid, unpaid, or a combination — can lead to traffic amplification. Let’s explore the options:
Organic (Unpaid) SEO
We understand what Google wants, from the words on the page to the coding behind what you see, so we can build a site that from the start is intended to rank well. Then we register your website with the major search engines to encourage Google, Bing and other search engines to “crawl” your site and add its pages to their indexes. Next, we add code for Google Analytics that allows us to track how your site is performing (by location, time spent, frequently visited pages, and much more) so we can recognize where there’s room for improvement.
Use organic SEO when you:
- Want to build a foundation for a steady flow of traffic
- Are willing to invest time up front for future benefits that you might not see for a minimum of 6 to 12 months
- Are regularly publishing new content on your website
- Are building your domain authority
- Are building your brand as a thought leader or information portal
- Are actively referring traffic via social media, email marketing and other outreach efforts to your website
Organic SEO will take more time to yield results than paid SEO, but is well worth the time and effort. More than 51 percent of all website traffic comes from organic search, so you need to place your website in the best possible position to be that business or organization that your target audience will discover.
Paid SEO/Pay Per Click Advertising
The steps above are absolutely beneficial for every site and do not require an investment in advertising. Pay Per Click advertising (also called “Paid Search” or “Search Engine Marketing”) is needed when you’re looking to increase your website traffic quickly. At the top of search listings, you will often see results that have the word “Ad” next to the listing. That business has paid a fee to the search engine company (e.g., Google) to place that ad at the top of the search results. The advertiser has identified a set of search terms and then, using Google Ads or Bing, makes a bid of how much they are willing to pay to appear in the search results for those terms. For a competitive industry with lots of businesses looking to get the top result, this bid can be quite high.
We are a Maryland internet marketing agency that can help you determine if Pay Per Click advertising is the right choice for you. For example, it’s most valuable when you:
- Have a time-sensitive promotion such as live event or a discounted or sale period for your product or service
- Are launching a new product or service and you want maximum exposure
- Want to profile your brand in a competitive market
- Need to target a specific demographic or audience
- Do not publish new content to your website
- Do not have time to manage the SEO of your website
E-mail remains a significantly more effective way to acquire customers than social media — nearly 40 times more effective than Facebook and Twitter combined. That’s because 91 percent of all U.S. consumers still use email daily. There’s no internet marketing company that can guarantee results like that for every email marketing campaign, but we can employ best practices to make the most of your budget. In most cases, email marketing is low cost. Using sophisticated email platforms, we design templates that are branded to the look of your website, are easy to use again and again, and personalize your communications.
We help our clients to:
- Instantly send welcome emails to new customers and direct them to your site
- Implement list-building website conversion strategies
- Post content to a website that is then automatically emailed to subscribers
- Integrate analytics to provide important insights
- Segment lists to target specific members of an audience who meet one or more criteria
- Send email based on customers’ website activity and behavioral targeting
- Use autoresponders to effortlessly send follow-up and post-purchase messages
- Provide product recommendations based on previous purchases to get them to return to your site
If you’re not quite sure what to say in your marketing emails, we coach clients on email messaging, including subject lines that increase open rates and content that will keep recipients reading. We also know which calls to action get people to act. Buzzquake is here to help you with all of your email marketing needs.
Social Media: Organic Posts and Paid Advertising
Social media directs your audience straight to your website when you include a link to the specific page you want them to visit. You can do that with posts, images and videos on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and other social media platforms — plus the professional platform LinkedIn. You can write these posts yourself (trickier than you might think) or Buzzquake can write them for you.
There are tools for managing your posts (Hootsuite, TweetDeck and others) where you can load your posts to schedule them out over days or weeks, or Buzzquake can use those tools on your behalf. You can promote a specific product or service, but you can also use it to direct viewers back to your site to follow through on that purchase, provide their contact information, or just to create awareness of your brand.
Paid social media are the posts for which you pay social media platforms like those mentioned above. Benefits include being able to designate a very specific audience to have your posts placed in their streams, and you pay only when a prospect takes action. As with organic social media, you can guide the behavior of your audience to visit your site, make a purchase or just learn more. All along the way, you’re increasing the traffic to your site.
We can develop a total social media strategy that helps to meet the goals of your organization. This can include posts that are organic, paid, or a combination of both. Your social media plan can stand alone, or we can include it as part of your larger digital marketing strategy — including SEO, brand messaging and email campaigns. We are a Maryland internet marketing firm that can handle it all.